Your Gmail contains important business information. Customers and future customers use it to contact you. It may even contain sensitive project information. But what if your email messages were lost or compromised?
Having up-to-date Gmail backups allows you to restore your lost emails should anything ever happen to your Gmail account. There are several methods you can use to back up your Gmail account.
- Go to myaccount.google.com
- In the personal info & privacy section, click control your content.
- Then, in the download or transfer your content section, locate download your data, then click create archive.
- This will open a new page that presents you with dozens of Google tools that have data you can download, and because you only want your Gmail data, click select none at the top of the column.
- Next scroll down and select just the option for mail.
- Finally, you’ll be given various archive options, as well as a delivery mechanism. Choose how you want to save and receive, and you’ll get a link from Google that works for up to one week with instructions on how to download your archive.
Leave a comment