Today, the majority of communications are only conducted via email, and therefore, a mail server like Zimbra becomes an important source for such people. If we talk about open-source platforms, then the Zimbra mail server or ZCS (Zimbra Collaboration Suite) are widely adopted by users. However, due to safety and data corruption issues, individuals tend to backup and restore Zimbra mail server to their local storage. If you want to know how to take backup from Zimbra mail then this article may help you to perform this backup process.
- Open your Zimbra mail application and then from the help of the primary menu bar go with the Preference option.
- Now, click on the Import/ Export option which is located at the left sidebar which will show you two different sections.
- The first section of this window can be utilized for the Zimbra mail Import process. And the second section is for the Export process.
- From the Export section, you need to select those items for which you want to know how to take backup from Zimbra mail. You can select Mail files, Address Books, Calendar, Tasks, and Briefcase for the further backup process.
- Finally, click on the Export button to start the backing up process. Wait for the completion of the procedure.
Through these simple and manual steps, you can perform the process to take backup from Zimbra application on your desktop without any issue.