When you get your first iPhone, setting up voicemail is essential. You want to make sure that if you miss a call, your caller can leave a message. Here’s how you can set up voicemail:
- Open the Phone app on your iPhone, and tap the Voicemail tab.
- Tap the Set up button to create a password and greeting.
- Create a voicemail password, then confirm the password. Passwords must be at least 4 digits, but no more than seven.
- On the ensuing screen, choose between a default greeting or a personalized custom greeting. Default is pre-selected.
- If you select Custom, tap the record button below to record a customized greeting. Tap Stop to end the recording and Play to hear what you’ve recorded.
- If you like what you’ve heard, tap Done to save your outgoing greeting.
Now whenever someone calls you and you don’t answer the iPhone, they’ll hear that greeting.