The stackorigin will guide you how to download and install VMware Workstation Player in Windows 8.1.
What is VMware Workstation Player:
VMware Workstation Player, formerly VMware Player, is a virtualization software package for x64 computers running Microsoft Windows or Linux. VMware Player free version is available for non-commercial, personal and home use.
Why VMware useful:
You can set up virtual machines (VMs) on a single physical machine and use them simultaneously along with the host machine.
- 3GHz or faster core speed.
- 2GB RAM minimum/ 4GB RAM or more recommended.
- A compatible 64-bit x86/AMD64 CPU launched in 2011 or later.
Let’s start the process:
- Go to https://my.vmware.com/en/web/vmware/downloads/details?downloadGroup=WKST-PLAYER-1612&productId=1039&rPId=66621 , it will take you into VMware download page.
- Click on the Blue Download Now button.
- Once download is finished, Double click on the installer file.
- If prompted appear, click Yes to allow the installer to run.
- Click Next to set up the program.
- After click on Next, license agreement window will appear, There you need to enable the checkbox. Then click on Next.
- Click on Install to install the VMware Workstation Player. The installation will take a few moments to complete. If you purchased a license, click License to enter its information before clicking Finish.
- Click on Finish button to close the window. This option will appear once the installation is finished. If you have license, click on License to enter the license code before clicking Finish.
- By default you wont get any operating system with VMware Workstation Player.