The stackorigin will guide you how to Install Ubuntu On Windows Using VMware Workstation.
Please refer the page How to download and Install VMware Player in windows operating system’s.
How to Download Ubuntu Linux ISO File for VMware Workstation:
- Go to Official Page to download the Ubuntu Desktop ISO.
- Click on the Green Download button. Then your download should start automatically.
- Once your ISO file is downloaded from official website. I hope you have downloaded and installed VMware workstation player in to your machine.
- Now you have to open VMWare workstation player then click on Create a New Virtual Machine.
- Now you able to see New Virtual Machine Wizard window. Then click on Next button.
- Now you can able to see three options for Installation.
- Installer disc
- Installer disc image file(ISO)
- I will install the operating system later. The virtual machine will be create with a blank hard disk.
- You have to click on Installer disc image file (ios) . Then Browse the Ubuntu ISO file. Then click on Next button.
- Then, you will get a “Easy Install Information“ window. Here you need to add your personal information like Full Name, User Name, Password, Confirm. Then click on Next button.
- Now you have to “Name the Virtual Machine“, as well as the Location where you are going to install the Ubuntu machine. Always better to use the default location instead of using custom location.
- However, the recommended size for Ubuntu is 20 GB. Therefore, you have at least 20 GB of free space in your machine.
- Then click on Next button.
- Then you will get Specify disk capacity window. You need to define the storage space for the VM hard disk, by default it would pick up Maximum Disk size as 20GB. In your machine and even you can change the disk size also. then You have to select Store virtual disk as a single file. Then you have to click on Next.
- If you wish to make changes to any of the details, then click on Customize Hardware. Once you click on finish button, the Ubuntu installation would start automatically.
- Once installation procedure completed. You should be able to see the Ubuntu login screen like below.
Now successfully installed Ubuntu On your machine using VMware Workstation Player.