In over 180 countries, WhatsApp is used by more than 2 billion people to stay in touch with friends and family. You can use WhatsApp to send and receive messages and make calls all over the world, for free. It is simple, secure, and reliable. The following are whatsapp’s top features:
- Message your friends and family for free*. WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection to send messages so you can avoid SMS fees
- Keep in touch with the groups of people that matter the most, like your family or coworkers. With group chats, you can share messages, photos, and videos with up to 256 people at once. You can also name your group, mute or customize notifications, and more.
- Send photos and videos on WhatsApp instantly. You can even capture the moments that matter to you most with a built-in camera. With WhatsApp, photos and videos send quickly even if you’re on a slow connection.
- Sometimes, your voice says it all. With just one tap you can record a Voice Message, perfect for a quick hello or a longer story.
- Send PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, slideshows and more, without the hassle of email or file sharing apps. You can send documents up to 100 MB, so it’s easy to get what you need over to who you want.
In this article we show you How to Stop Auto Downloading and Saving of Pictures, Videos and Other Media on Whatsapp:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Navigate to Settings > Data and storage usage.
- In the Media auto-download section, tap on When using mobile data.
- Unmark the checkbox next to Photos, Audio, Video’s, Documents.
- Next, tap on When connected on Wi-Fi.
- Again, unmark the checkbox next to Photos, Audio, Video’s, Documents..
- Lastly, tap on When roaming and unmark the Photos, Audio, Video’s, Documents.
Note: Once you’ve changed the settings, no photos will download automatically. To save a photo onto your device, tap on the download icon in the middle of the image when you receive it.