Now that you have a PST file, you need to be able to import the data in it back into Microsoft Outlook, which is just as easy as exporting the file.
- Open the Outlook application on your computer, click “File,” and then select Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Next, select “Import From Another Program or File” and click “Next.”
- Highlight the “Outlook Data File” option and then select “Next.”
- Choose the PST file you want to import and choose whether to replace duplicate emails, create duplicate emails, or not to import duplicate emails at all. When you’re done, click “Next.”
- Select the folder you want to import—or the whole mailbox, if that’s what you exported—and choose whether to import the files into the current folder you’re in, or folders with the same name as you exported.
- If you’re restoring from a backup or moving your emails to a new device, you’ll want to “import items into the same folder in” and choose the mail account to import them into. This will create the same folder structure you exported to the PST. When you’re done, click “Finish.”
Your emails will now be imported into Microsoft Outlook. If you’re importing emails from a different account, and you’re using IMAP or MAPI, the imported messages will be synced with the email server and you’ll be able to access them from other devices. Depending on the volume of emails, it might take a little while for the sync to complete.