If you don’t want people to see certain photos or photo albums, you can make those items private in your Facebook account. You can do this from both your desktop and your mobile phone, and we’ll show you how.
To make a photo album private on Facebook, follow these steps:
- From your profile, go to the Photos tab.
- Then, find the photos you want to make private under Albums.
- Go to the relevant album, then click the three dots in the top right corner.
- Select Edit. You’ll see a section that says “Friends” or “Public” with an icon showing two people. Click that to change the audience of your album.
- From here, you can control who can view the album. Select Only Me if you do not want anyone else but you to see this album and make it private.
- Then tap the back arrow and click Save (desktop) or Done (mobile). This will hide all photos in your Facebook album.
To make a single photo on Facebook private, follow these steps:
- Go to your profile and click the Photos tab. Then select the photo you want to make private. Click the three dots in the top right corner.
- Select Edit privacy.
- Change the privacy setting to Only Me to hide the photo from your timeline and make it private.
- Your new privacy settings will automatically save.