Postman is a tool that is used to test APIs. It’s an HTTP client which uses a graphical user interface to test HTTP requests, allowing us to get various forms of responses that must then be validated.
When it is Used ?
- Whenever you wish to test your applications behaviour for a particular API endpoint, after being requested by client.
- To view a response the server returns after requesting the API endpoint.
- Customizing the requests made to server, and test the server’s response in different circumstances.
Who uses it ?
- Developer – While building any application, you need to test the endpoints. What should be the response and the format in which client-end gets the response after being requested.
- Tester – They can set the various environments in Postman and test the applications behaviour under certain circumstances.
Follow the below steps to install Postman on Windows:
- Visit the https://www.postman.com/ website using any web browser.
- Click on Windows Button to download.
- Now check for the executable file in downloads in your system and run it.
- Now installing process will start it takes a minute to install in the system.
- After installing the program the software opens automatically.
Congratulations!! At this point, you have successfully installed Postman on your computer.