How to block websites on Google Chrome on a desktop:
- To install BlockSite on your Chrome browser, search for “BlockSite” in the Chrome Web Store and click “Add to Chrome Button” > “Add extension.”
- Click on the orange shield icon in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- Click on the gear icon on the top of the pop-up window to open BlockSite’s settings and create a password.
- Now you are ready to block websites. On BlockSite’s settings page, click on the “Block Sites” option in the menu on the left, and then type in the URL that you want to block.
- For another way to block websites with BlockSite, go to the website you want to block, click on the BlockSite shield icon, and then click “Block this site” in the pop-up window.
- Now, if you try to visit a blocked website, an image of a disappointed puppy will appear instead.
How to block websites on Google Chrome on mobile
If you want to block websites using an Android phone, you can use the BlockSite app from the Google Play Store. There are numerous other third-party apps that work on Android phones as well, but we recommend using BlockSite.