antivirus app for your Android device can clean up viruses, Trojans, malicious URLs, infected SD cards and other kinds of mobile malware, as well as protect your privacy from other threats like spyware or improper app permissions.
Best Free Antivirus for Android Mobile Phones:
TotalAV: TotalAV Antivirus is a free to use antivirus packed with all the essential features to find & remove malware keeping you safe.
- Offers advanced antivirus protection across your desktop computer, laptop, smartphone & tablet
- Real-time antivirus monitoring
- Updated viruses definitions
- Data breach monitoring
- Smart scanning
- Safe browsing VPN
- Remote firewall
Is TotalAV safe?
TotalAV is 100 percent safe as long you download it directly from the provider’s website.
Bitdefender: Bitdefender is could base Antivirus for the Android operating system. This antivirus app provides on-demand install and scan facility. It helps you to keep the phone safe from various threats. The program takes care of online privacy as well as personal information.
- You can use it for tablets and smartphones.
- It enables you to remotely locate the Android device in case of theft or loss.
- This app can verify whether your mail account has been breached or not.
- Minimal impact on device battery life.
- It can react instantly to threats without compromising the performance of the mobile.
- Provides 24/7 security updates.
- You can easily manage your browser on an Android phone.
- Offers VPN to secure online activities.
Avast: Avast Mobile Security is a popular, light, and powerful antivirus software that gives free security for Android phones. This antivirus app aims at maintaining the utmost privacy, security, and performance of your Android device.
- Detects malicious apps.
- Protects you from links on the web that can cause a threat to your device.
- Checks how secure a Wi-Fi network is.
- Keep your browsing history private with the VPN provided by Avast.
- Lets you share the app with up to 10 devices.
McAfee Mobile Security: McAfee Mobile Security provides identity protection services. With McAfee, you can get the tools that can safeguard your device from viruses, protect your identity and provide you a secure VPN.
- Protects you from threats like malicious links, websites, etc.
- Get access to McAfee’s VPN to protect your credentials and financial information from those who want to steal your info.
- Regularly scan the apps on your device and blocks threats.
- Protects your personal information from non-trustworthy websites or links.
Sophos Mobile Security: Sophos Mobile Security can safeguard your device, decreasing its performance or life of the battery. You can use this app to protect your device from online threats and malware. It provides easy to manage password facility for multiple websites.
- It can scan previously installed apps on your device and storage device.
- You can scan apps by setting an interval or on-demand.
- It can show potentially unwanted apps (PUAs).
- Protection from malicious use of USSDs.