Are you looking for ways to translate Japanese from images? Maybe you are in Japan and finding it difficult to understand the street names? Or maybe you are just trying to finish your project work? Whatever the reason may be, you have come to the right place.
In this article, we have discussed how to translate Japanese from images. After reading this article, all your doubts about this matter should get cleared.
Google Translate on your smartphone: Use the camera on your phone to capture the Japanese words and then translate them using the Google Translate app. Follow the below steps to do this.
- Go to the Google Translate app on your smartphone.
- Select your desired language for both source and final output from the top left and top right sides.
- Then, tap on the Instant Translate.
- Now, tap on Take photo and place your camera on the image text which you want to translate.
- Translate it into plain text.
Yandex: Yandex is a free website translator that translates from Japanese images to other languages.You just need to follow the below steps to utilize the Yandex Translator.
- Open the Yandex Translate.
- Next, select the input and output languages. Since you are translating Japanese to English, select these respective languages.
- Now, open the file dialogue box or drag and drop your image file onto the browser window.
- Once the image is uploaded, click on the “Open in Yandex.Translate” button next to the language button.
- After that, Yandex Translate automatically translates the Japanese Image text to English.
EasyScreenOCR: EasyScreenOCR is also a free online OCR tool, which can be used to convert any image file to plain text. Although there is a dedicated app for the same, the web version is usually enough to translate image Japanese to English. To use this tool, follow these steps:
- Open the EasyScreenOCR website on your computer.
- Choose the input language using the drop-down box.
- Next, either use the open file dialog box or simply drag and drop your image file onto the browser window.
- Finally, click on the Upload and Convert button to extract the text.
i20CR for Translation: If you wish to just extract text, i2OCR is a great free OCR tool that can be used to translate Japanese from image files. The tool supports many more languages other than Japanese as well and allows unlimited uploads without having to register for the product.
To use i2OCR, follow these steps:
- Visit the i2OCR website on your computer.
- Under Step 1, select the input language.
- Next, upload the file or enter the URL of the Japanese image file under Step 2.
- Verify the reCAPTCHA in step 3 to prevent malicious requests to the server.
- Finally, click on the Extract Text button to extract the Japanese text from the image.