You can link your PAN with Aadhaar by following process:
- Open the Income Tax e-filing portal – https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Register on it (if not already done). Your PAN (Permanent Account Number) will be your user id.
- Log in by entering the User ID, password and date of birth.
- A pop up window will appear, prompting you to link your PAN with Aadhaar. If not, go to ‘Profile Settings’ on Menu bar and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Details such as name date of birth and gender will already be mentioned as per the PAN details.
- Verify the PAN details on screen with the ones mentioned on your Aadhaar. Pls. note that if there is a mismatch, you need to get the same corrected in either of the documents.
- If the details match, enter your Aadhaar number and click on the “link now” button.
- A pop-up message will inform you that your Aadhaar has been successfully linked to your PAN
- You may also visit https://www.utiitsl.com/ OR https://www.egov-nsdl.co.in/ to link your PAN and Aadhaar