According to the Passport Seva Website, if the user needs to change the address in the passport, they have to apply for a “Re-issue” of passport and get the specified change done in the personal particulars. To check the complete list of documents to be submitted along with the application form, please click on the “Documents Required” link on the Home page. Check out the steps to change passport address online below:
- Visit the Passport Seva website
- Log in to your account with your user ID and password
- Click on ‘New User? Register Now’ if you are a new user
- Choose a Passport Seva Kendra near you
- Enter your personal details like name and date of birth
- Create a login ID and password and register
- An email will be sent to your registered email account with a link to activate your account
- After logging in to your account, click on ‘Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport’
Re-issuing the passport is the only way to change your residential address on your passport. The fees for changing address is the same as the fees for re-issuing the passport. The charges are as follows:
|Age||Passport validity||No. of pages||Normal charge||Tatkaal charge|
|Less than 15 years||10 years or till holder reaches 18 years of age||36 pages||Rs 1000||Rs 3000|
|15-18 years||5 years or till holder reaches 18 years of age||36 pages||Rs 1000||Rs 3000|
|15-18 years||10 years||36 pages||Rs 1500||Rs 3500|
|15-18 years||10 years||60 pages||Rs 2000||Rs 4000|
|18 years and above||10 years||36 pages||Rs 1500||Rs 2000|
|18 years and above||10 years||60 pages||Rs 2000||Rs 4000|
Documents required for change of address in passport:
The following documents are to be submitted when applying for a change of address
- Original old Passport.
- Copy of your online application.
- Copy of payment receipt or challan receipt
- Self-attested copy of the first two and last two pages.
- Self-attested copy of the ECR/Non-ECR page.
- Self-attested copy of the page of observation, if any, made by Passport Issuing Authority.
- Self-attested copy of the validity extension page, if any, in respect of short validity passport.
- Current address proof (Any one)
- Election Commission Photo/Voter ID card
- Aadhaar card
- Electricity bill
- Water bill
- Proof of gas connection
- Telephone bill (mobile or landline)
- Registered rent agreement
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Spouse’s passport copy (first and last page including family details). Applicant’s present address should match the address mentioned in the spouse’s passport.
- Certificate from Employer of reputed companies on letter head
Reason to Change Address in Passport: If you have changed your residential address or are relocating, you are required to update this information in your passport. To change your address on your passport, you need to apply for a re-issue of your passport. Through this process, you will receive a new passport with a new number and your updated address.